-A living trust is a trust created during a person’s lifetime to hold assets and specify how those assets are to be distributed after the original owner dies. There are many benefits to creating a living trust and the San Luis Obispo legal document assistance company, We Help You Legal, recently released ‘Considerations for having a legal trust.”
A living trust, often termed revocable trust, are created during the lifetime of the owner of the trust (trustor) and can be revoked or changed while the trustor is still alive. The trustor retains control of the trust until death, at which point the trust becomes irrevocable and the assets in the trust are distributed as specified.
The considerations for creating a living trust include:
- A living trust is less likely to be contested in court than a will, providing more assurance that the trustor’s wishes are carried out.
- Since a living trust names a trustee whose job is to immediately carry out end-of-life wishes such as paying for funeral costs, outstanding expenses such as property taxes, and distribute the assets, the estate does not have to go through the probate process.
- A living trust is a private document, unlike a will. Pretty much anyone can get hold of a copy of a will from county records and challenge the will. With a trust, the details such as the names of beneficiaries and how assets are to be distributed are private.
It’s not necessary to have a large estate to have a living trust. Many people elect to place assets such as the family home, heirloom furniture, jewelry, and other items of both sentimental and monetary value into a living trust. Many also choose to file all of the necessary court documentation themselves and save the expense of an attorney and legal advice, especially when the matters addressed by the living trust are simple and straight-forward.
We Help You Legal can assist with completing court documents for a living trust in San Luis Obispo, Paso Robles and throughout California. We Help You Legal is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice, but the staff can help make sure all of the necessary documents are complete and filed on time. The staff can help make sure that all assets are included, such as:
- Real estate
- Bank accounts and investments
- Some insurance policies and retirement accounts
- Fine art, jewelry and other collections
- Other assets such as patents, mining rights, copyrights and more.
We Help You Legal has offices conveniently located in Paso Robles and San Luis Obispo to assist with living trust documents. The staff is happy to answer questions and help with forms for most legal matters including adoptions, name changes, and divorces. The company is licensed and bonded in California, San Luis Obispo County LDA # 260 Exp. 11/2/22 Bond #65279225. Business License #6893.
We Help You legal is a “self-help” legal document assistance company that provides document preparation without the high cost of an attorney. We Help You Legal, Inc. is not a law firm. We cannot represent you in court, advise you about your legal rights or the law, or select forms for you.
We Help You Legal
720 10th St
Paso Robles CA 93446